Gather your prospects where they’re looking for you
Traditional lead generation tactics include things like:
- Back-of-bus advertising
- Cold calling
- Industry and trade magazines
But these techniques are expensive, generally untargeted and largely unmeasurable.
How to get measurable results
Modern lead generation techniques mean you need to gather your prospects where they’re looking for you – and also use techniques that are proven and measurable.
- SEO: Be found on Google. 80% of Australians are online. Make sure that when your prospects are searching for a business like yours, they find you (and not just for your business name!). But no business buys from a Google search…so how should a B2B use SEO for lead generation?
- Be found on Social Networks (particularly LinkedIn). LinkedIn has reached over 2.8 million Australians. You can search directly for prospects within your niche – contact them directly or promote your content to targeted groups.
- Websites: Websites are a dime a dozen. So why pour thousands of dollars into it? Make sure you spend on lead generation not just design.
- Advertising: Sale! Sale! Sale! Screaming ads don’t sell business products or services, but they’re a great way to get a targeted newsletter list.