Websites aren’t the be all and end all of your marketing. But so many businesses get them wrong, and spend their marketing dollars in the wrong places.
What makes a great website is actually all the pieces that fit in around it. Not the actual website itself.
A good foundation to great Lead Generation:
- A Content Management System (CMS) - a lot of ‘garage shop’ web builders will build you onto their proprietary systems that “only they can update”. They charge you for their Intellectual Property or even to update. A CMS like WordPress however means you can update your content yourself. A Software-as-a-Service CMS won’t go out of date like a custom built system so it is a good investment. WordPress is one of the best, most used platforms worldwide for websites (not just blogs).
- Simple, clean design that portrays your brand and engages your audience (not just slabs of text).
- SEO (get found). Need we say more? More
- Engaging content that speaks to your target market - Prospects view your site usually well before they decide to (or not to) call you. Read more…
- Email capture forms & Email Newsletters - In B2B marketing, no one buys from your website alone. You need a way to capture their details and build credibility with prospects such as through an email newsletter.
- Analytics - Google Analytics allows you to see what pages your prospects visit the most. And where they’re coming from – so you can see what’s working and what’s not.
- Blog - You should ideally build a blog inside your website. It’s great for SEO – Google re-visits your website (and so do your prospects) if you update it regularly with relevant content.